Akbar Sheikh started his journey as a homeless youth in San Francisco before hitting rock bottom and deciding to take control of his own destiny and built a successful business that now helps other businesses scale to 7 figures. Now he helps other companies do the same, but more importantly he has taken his health, spiritual wellness, finances, and life goals under his control. He had to better his mindset and person in order to achieve the dreams he wanted and his story is full of lessons for any creative entrepreneur.
Time Stamped Show Notes
[2:30] Akbar’s father dream was to build an empire in the retail business.
[7:00] Working in the store on weekends and holidays was like a prison, and not having the opportunity, other possibilities went unexplored.
[8:10] Partying too much and other vices were the result of not liking what Akbar was doing which led to depression, anxiety and poor relationships.
[9:25] Getting out of the hospital, overweight and not spiritual, Akbar decided cold turkey to change and turn his life around.
[13:13] The decisions you take now and the actions related to them all have a ripple effect.
[15:30] We can change the way our brain is wired and how we respond to things.
[18:20] Failing Forward Segment
- What is the bottom line reason of this failure? – “I truly believe that God has a plan for everyone and every single action happens for a reason.”
- What is the single most important lesson you learned from this? – “I don’t think I’ve actually learned a lesson because it was just supposed to happen that way.”
- What are the major ways you protect yourself from future failures? – “Once you change into a mindset of abundance and when you start understanding things a little differently then your world becomes your oyster and honestly and anything is possible.”
- Who do you turn to when you need help? – “God and I have several mentors, a relationship coach, a personal trainer, a business coach.”
- What advice would you give to someone in a similar position? – “Just find your big why and your passion.”
[22:10] Get Akbar’s Seven Figure Funnels book for free at https://akbarsheikh.com/bestseller
[23:23] Akbar’s final thought: “For some people it doesn’t take long, I’ve seen people create fenomenal businesses in a matter of months, for some people I’ve it happen in many years, but I’ve never seen anyone fail at business overall, if they don’t give and if they’re always learning and implementing.”